Every volunteer is an important and vital part of the Mississauga Furniture Bank; they help us to support families and individuals in our community. Assistance from volunteers ensures that we meet our vision of every child in Mississauga having a bed to sleep in, and every family living with dignity in a fully furnished home.
What can you do?
There are many ways in which you can share your talents with us.
- Work in our warehouse – sorting, organizing, cleaning & repairing
- Join a committee and help with event planning or fundraising
- Spread the word – by posting flyers at your workplace, telling your friends, family members and colleagues about us!
What do you get?
By volunteering with the Mississauga Furniture Bank you will have the opportunity to:
- Support a great cause
- Be part of a dynamic team
- Get involved in your community
- Make a difference and feel the personal satisfaction of helping others
- Use your existing skills and learn new skills
- Meet new people and gain lasting friendships
- Gain self-confidence and self-esteem
Who can volunteer?
Volunteering is for everyone! You can volunteer as an individual, family or as a group (corporate, religious, etc.) We welcome high school students who would like to complete their community support requirements.